Rescue Plumbing is deeply committed to ensuring Chicago residents benefit from the Private Drain Program, offering expert services that streamline the entire process. Our licensed professionals are ready to assess your qualifications, conduct thorough inspections, and carry out precise repairs in compliance with city regulations.
With a steadfast focus on customer satisfaction, Rescue Plumbing aims to make the program accessible to as many eligible property owners as possible.
What to Know About The Private Drain Program (PDP)
Chicago’s Private Drain Program (PDP) began on January 1, 2002, to alleviate the financial burden homeowners incur when sewer repairs are required in a public way, like a city sidewalk, streets, and other public areas.
This program focuses on the inspection, maintenance, repair, and replacement of private drains and sewers, aiming to reduce the cost for homeowners’ private residences of up to four units. Since its start, the PDP has saved residential homes thousands of dollars by providing reimbursements of up to $10,000 for eligible participants.
The Importance of PDP
Chicago stands out as a beacon among cities for offering the Private Drain Program, a service that is as rare as it is beneficial to homeowners. This unique initiative not only underscores the city’s commitment to residential infrastructure but also empowers property owners to maintain their sewer lines more effectively and affordably.
By providing this crucial financial assistance, the program enables homeowners to undertake necessary sewer repairs, ensuring the integrity and functionality of their private drainage systems while significantly reducing the risk of potential hazards such as floods, backups, and other costly damages.
Eligibility Requirements to Repair Sewer Drain Tiles
The city of Chicago has set specific criteria to streamline the process for participants. For example, if your residential property has less than or exactly four units and resides in the city limits of Chicago, you are eligible to apply for the PDP and the Department of Water Maintenance will repair the private drain line from the damaged area up to the property line.
However, properties registered as commercial or industrial spaces, residential homes with more than four units, recently renovated homes, and any property outside of Chicago are deemed ineligible and can not apply for the program.
Here’s a quick guide on how to get involved in the Private Drain Program:
- Hire a licensed sewer contractor: Before applying for the PDP inspection, property owners must hire a licensed sewer contractor, like Rescue Plumbing, to unclog and inspect their private drain line. The contractor must provide evidence of the sewer’s condition to the city inspector.
- City inspection: A water maintenance inspector determines if repairs are necessary and approves the request if they meet the program’s criteria.
- Property owner responsibilities: After water management oversees the plumber’s findings and approves the inspection, property owners must continue hiring licensed contractors for any future inspections or repairs needed on their private sewer lines.
Conducting Inspection and Assessments With Rescue Plumbing
In partnership with the city of Chicago, our licensed sewer contractors are authorized to conduct inspections and provide free estimates for eligible property owners. Our team of experts will guide you through the process, ensuring a stress-free experience.
To begin the inspection, Rescue plumbers start by using an industrial-sized machine for drain cleaning. If attempts with this machine fail, it likely means the sewer is broken.
The licensed plumber then uses a sewer camera to find and mark the location of the sewer break. If the break is on the city sidewalk, parkway, or street, Rescue Plumbing contacts a house drain inspector from the city’s sewer and water management department to schedule a PDP inspection.
At the inspection, the plumber demonstrates the broken line to the city sewer inspector by performing drain cleaning and a sewer camera inspection. The house inspector then approves or disapproves and marks the spot with bright paint accordingly. We provide a USB drive recording of the camera inspection to the inspector, who takes it back to the city. If all criteria are met, Chicago’s water management will schedule the sewer line for repair through the Private Drain Program.
When you call Rescue Plumbing, you’ll have the opportunity to schedule a free estimate by contacting us at 773-799-8848. Once we complete the inspection and determine your property meets all eligibility requirements, we will proceed with repairs.
Our team is committed to ensuring our customers receive quality services, and we strive to make the process as seamless as possible for eligible participants of the PDP.
Regular Maintenance Needed for Private Sewer Lines
While the Private Drain Program helps alleviate financial burdens for homeowners, participating property owners need to take action when it comes to maintaining private drain lines.
Regular inspections and assessments are crucial for maintaining the functionality and safety of your private sewer line. As a property owner, it’s important to prioritize routine drain maintenance and hire licensed contractors for any repairs needed.
Services To Save Your Home From Long-Term Repairs
Avoid overlooking the small plumbing issues and address private drain repairs quickly to prevent significant inconveniences later on. By investing in our services like sump pump repairs, sewer line assistance, and drain cleaning, you’re taking proactive steps to prevent larger and costlier plumbing dilemmas.
- Sump Pump Repair: This can encompass various issues such as fixing or replacing the pump motor, addressing float switch malfunctions, and resolving pipe blockages. Professional sump pump repair services ensure your sump pump is in optimal condition to protect your property from potential water damage.
- Sewer Line Repair: Repairs in a sewer line commonly fixes pipe blockages, leaks, and tree root infiltration to ensure smooth drainage and avoid sewage backups. Our repair services utilize advanced techniques, like sewer camera inspections, to efficiently and effectively address these complex plumbing problems.
- Drain Cleaning Services: Cleaning services for drains involve clearing clogged drains, removing debris and buildup, and ensuring proper water flow throughout your plumbing system. We utilize hydro-jetting and drain snaking to thoroughly clean and restore the functionality of your drains.
These services act as your first line of defense, sparing you from potential water damage, extensive repairs, and disruptions to your daily life. Being proactive with your plumbing can spare you from bigger issues and unexpected expenses in the long run.
Your Go-To City Licensed Sewer Contractor
Our company is proud to have a team of sewer contractors licensed by the city of Chicago to provide Private Drain Program inspections and water management repairs.
With our extensive knowledge and experience in working with the PDP, we deliver reliable and professional services to eligible property owners, ensuring the highest standards of quality and compliance.
Contact us today to schedule a free estimate and learn more about how we can rescue you.